Manny Pacquiao’s return to the ring set for April 18 in Las Vegas against Ruslan Provodnikov
Manny Pacquiao is set to return to the ring in April, taking on former champion Ruslan Provodnikov.
Following a tightly contested draw against Mario Barrios last summer, Pacquiao had several directions he could have gone. A rematch with Barrios seemed likely, and there was also talk of a possible bout with Rolly Romero.
One option stood out above the rest: a rematch with Floyd Mayweather. The two fighters shared the ring back in 2015 in what remains the highest-grossing boxing match of all time. Since then, Mayweather has already scheduled two exhibition bouts this year—one against Mike Tyson and another against Mike Zambidis.
Manny Pacquiao set for exhibition return against Ruslan Provodnikov in Las Vegas
Industry Media and Arthur Pelullo’s Banner Promotions dropped a bit of a bombshell this evening, announcing that Manny Pacquiao will be stepping back into the ring for an exhibition fight.
He’s set to face former super-lightweight champion Ruslan Provodnikov, who hasn’t fought professionally since 2016 and has since transitioned into politics. The bout will be held over ten three-minute rounds, though specific rules around knockdowns and stoppages are still to be confirmed.
Tickets are already available, with the fight scheduled for April 18 at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas. Organisers are billing it as a night of ‘world championship’ boxing, with prices starting at $150 and going up to just over $5,500.
Pacquiao discusses comeback against Provodnikov in Las Vegas
In a statement, Pacquiao said of the exhibition bout: “I carry the Philippines with me every time I fight. The support from my country and from fans around the world continues to inspire me.
“Returning to Las Vegas means so much to me, and I’m excited to work with a team focused on creating a world-class experience for the fans. I’m coming back to give them a great fight — and I’m ready.”
Erroll Angara, Co-Founder, COO of Indistry, branded it a ‘defining moment’ for his company, saying: “Manny Pacquiao vs Ruslan Provodnikov on April 18 represents more than a marquee matchup – it signals our formal entry into the fight world and the direction we are headed as a company.
“We are proud to usher in a new standard of premier boxing events that unite elite competition with elevated fan experiences worthy of the moment and the legacy.”
Arthur Pelullo, President of Banner Promotions added: “I am excited about the opportunity to work with Manny Pacquiao, a true Hall of Famer,”
“I want to thank Erroll Angara, COO of Indistry Media, and Mary Landaverde CEO of Indistry Media for bringing me on board. I’m thrilled about what they have planned for the future.”
Read more:
Canada lineup vs. Czechia: Full line combinations for Olympic hockey quarterfinal matchup
Here's a look at the lineups for Wednesday's matchup.
Jake Canter Wins Olympic Bronze After Near-Death Injury
Canter was kicked in the head on a trampoline at an action‑sports camp when he was 13, fracturing his skull in four places and leaving him in a coma for four days. Doctors told him never to snowboard again, but he defied them, undergoing surgery and relearning basic functions before returning to the sport.
At the Winter Olympics, Canter landed a 1980‑degree spin on his final run, earning a score that secured him third place. The bronze medal marks a triumphant comeback and a testament to his perseverance.
Steelers need to stay away from 1 QB trade
There's plenty of concern surrounding the Pittsburgh Steelers' quarterback room heading into the 2026 season, as Aaron Rodgers' career remains in limbo, while Mason Rudolph and Will Howard are the only two signal callers currently under contract next year. One trade candidate has emerged, however, but the Steelers would be wise to stay far, far away.
According to NFL insider Ian Rapoport, Tua Tagovailoa could be the next to go after the Dolphins released wide receiver Tyreek Hill and edge rusher Bradley Chubb, but Miami could opt to test the trade waters with their former first-round quarterback before cutting him.
While some quarterback-needy teams could entertain the idea of bringing Tua in, especially if the Dolphins eat some of his $56.2 million cap hit, the Steelers need to avoid trading for him at all costs.
Tagovailoa's concerning injury history and overall play regression far outweigh any benefit Pittsburgh could receive by trading for him, even if the quarterback room was down to Howard or Rudolph.
For up-to-date Steelers coverage, including any offseason moves, follow us on X @TheSteelersWire and give our Facebook page a like.
This article originally appeared on Steelers Wire: Steelers should avoid Dolphins' Tua Tagovailoa trade after new report